Wednesday, October 1, 2025

A new song for leftards, titled "I've Got the Trump Derangement Syndrome Blues"

 

Song Title

"I've Got the Trump Derangement Syndrome Blues"

Suggested Lyrics

Strong Start (Verse 1):
I wake up every mornin’, scrollin’ through the news,
My head’s spinnin’ with tweets, I’ve got them TDS blues.
I can’t stop rantin’ ‘bout politics, it’s true,
Even my dog’s tired of hearin’ my views! 

Chorus (Catchy and Funny):
I’ve got the Trump Derangement Syndrome blues,
My mind’s a mess, I’m losin’ my cool.
Every headline’s got me in a rage,
I’m stuck in this orange-tinted cage!

Satisfying Progression (Verse 2):
I tried to unplug, took a break for a day,
But then I saw a meme, and I’m back in the fray.
I’m arguin’ with strangers, typin’ 250 words,
My keyboard’s on fire, I’m actin’ absurd! 

Bridge (Heightened Humor):
I dream of debates, 350 lines long,
I’m quotin’ fake news, singin’ this song.
Even my therapist says, “Take a chill pill, dude,”
But I’m too busy fact-checkin’ every feud! 

Final Chorus (With a Twist):
I’ve got the Trump Derangement Syndrome blues,
My friends all ghost me, I’ve got nothin’ to lose.
I’m 304 tweets deep, I can’t be saved,
Send help, I’m politically enslaved! 

Music Form

  • Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Chorus: This structure keeps the humor flowing with repetitive choruses for catchiness, while the bridge adds a fresh, funny escalation before the final punchline in the last chorus.

Suggested Style

  • Blues with a Comedic Twist: Think classic blues riffs but with exaggerated vocal delivery for humor, like Weird Al Yankovic meets B.B. King.

Suggested Genre

  • Comedy Blues: A blend of traditional blues with satirical lyrics to poke fun at political obsession.

Suggested Mood

  • Lighthearted and Self-Deprecating: The mood should be playful, poking fun at the narrator’s over-the-top fixation without getting too serious or mean-spirited.

Suggested Melody

  • A simple, descending blues scale melody for the verses (think E-G-A-G-E) to give that classic “down and out” feel, paired with a punchy, upbeat chorus melody to highlight the humor. Add some vocal wails or mock-sobs for comedic effect.

Suggested Instrumentation

  • Electric Guitar: For those classic blues riffs and bends.
  • Harmonica: To add a whiny, exaggerated “woe is me” vibe.
  • Piano: Boogie-woogie style for a playful undertone.
  • Drums: A laid-back shuffle beat to keep it groovy.
  • Kazoo: Throw in a kazoo solo for an unexpected laugh.

Suggested Key

  • E Major: A common key for blues that’s easy to play on guitar and gives a raw, gritty feel.

Suggested Chord Progressions

  • Verse: E - A - E - B7 (classic 12-bar blues progression, repeating for that familiar bluesy sound).
  • Chorus: A - E - B7 - E (a shorter, punchier progression to lift the energy and highlight the humor).
  • Bridge: C#m - A - B7 - E (a slight variation to build tension before returning to the final chorus).

Suggested Tempo

  • Moderate, around 90 BPM: Slow enough to feel like blues but fast enough to keep the comedic energy from dragging.

Suggested Meter

  • 4/4 Time: Standard for blues, providing a steady, easy-to-follow rhythm for the humorous lyrics to shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Could we make prisons obsolete if capitalism is dismantled?

  SPOTM Analysis of the Claim “Prisons are the consequences of systemic racism and global capitalism.” This is the substance of James Tala...